Terms and conditions of use
Welcome to the website of Performance Premium Selection Limited (PPSL). The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions. By accessing and continuing to use this site, you unconditionally accept these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
PPSL is committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected. The purpose of this document is to explain how we collect, use and process information about you, the procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information.
Personal data shall mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Some examples of personal data include name, identification number, contact information and payment information.
PPSL will collect and use your personal data which we obtain directly from you, for example from the contracts and/or forms signed by you, information we obtain when you register to use the website or send us emails, enquiries and/or requests, information we obtain when you make an enquiry or otherwise interact on our website, information about you that we receive from third parties, such as credit reference agencies or our service providers, or information we obtain as a result of our relationship with you, for any of the following purposes, where applicable:
- to identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- managing and administering your relationship with us;
- to respond to your queries, requests and complaints;
- for registration of the vehicle(s) stated in the vehicle sale agreement(s) entered into with you, to register ownership of the vehicle(s) with the relevant transportation authorities, including but not limited to Land Transport Authority;
- for the provision of vehicle leasing, rental or chauffeur driven services as stated in the respective contracts entered into with you for such services;
- to share your information with vehicle manufacturer(s), its/their related corporations and contractors, and/or insurance companies, which will provide the necessary warranties and/or extended warranties (if any) for your vehicle(s);
- to share your information with financial institutions and motor vehicle insurers, on your behalf, in order that you may obtain financing for the purchase of vehicle(s) and the motor insurance on the vehicle(s), respectively and, where applicable, to obtain the loan amounts outstanding from financial institutions, on your behalf, in order to assist you in effecting your motor vehicle loan redemptions;
- to update our after-sales service records. The relevant information is then used by us, our appointed after-sales service dealers, our agents and sub-contractors to provide the relevant after-sales service and/or to repair the vehicle(s) as well as to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the services in general including to notify you by any means, including by short message services ("SMS") of the next/subsequent date/mileage for routine service for the vehicle(s);
- for research, audit and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide, for administrative purposes and geographical and statistical analysis;
- for the purpose of organizing events for you, to inform you of by any means (including through SMS, multi-media services ("MMS"), phone call, fax, magazines, or brochures) any new products, promotions or services provided by the Sime Darby Motors Group of companies in Singapore; and
- for compliance with our legal obligations or applicable laws and regulations, codes of practice or regulatory requirements or any request or direction of any government authority or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries or other similar authorities.
With regard to marketing-related communication, PPSL will only provide you with such information after you have opted in and provide you with the opportunity to opt out anytime if you do not want to receive further marketing-related communication from us. PPSL will also disclose your information to:
- our service providers, for example, providers of web hosting or maintenance services, for the purpose of supplying us with the interconnected servers and/or web site links with the relevant authorities.
- to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide, for administrative purposes and geographical and statistical analysis.
- to our business partners or contractors where necessary for the performance or conclusion of any contract signed by you with PPSL.
- to our services providers and/or the vehicle manufacturer(s), its/their related corporations and contractors for the purpose of organizing events for you, to inform you of and send to you by any means (including through SMS, MMS, phone call, fax, magazines or brochures) any new products or promotions or services that is provided by the vehicle manufacturer(s) or its/their related corporations and/or the Sime Darby Motors Group of companies in Singapore.
- to the vehicle manufacturer(s), its/their related corporations and contractors for the purpose of market research and product planning.
- to our business partners for the purpose of carrying out product promotions.
- to our stakeholders and the vehicle manufacturer(s) and its/their related corporations and contractors for the purpose of carrying out audits.
We will notify you of any other purposes for which we may need to collect, use or disclose your personal data (which do not appear above) at the time of obtaining your consent. PPSL may use your personal data without consent for any purpose permitted by law including:
- the improvement or enhancement of its goods or services or methods or processes for its operations and for learning about and understanding customers’ behaviour and preferences, subject to the conditions specified in the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act. We undertake not to use your personal data for the aforesaid purpose if the purpose can be achieved without the use of personal data in an individually identifiable form.
- for the legitimate interests of PPSL or any other person such as for purposes of security and prevention of misuse of services, provided that those interests are not overridden by your interests. We will undertake an assessment of any potential impact on your privacy before we process your personal information for our legitimate interests.
- for research purposes, where such purpose cannot be achieved without the use of personal data in an individually identifiable form. In the event that we use your personal data for the aforesaid purpose, the results of the research will not be used to make any decision that affects you and we will not publish the results in a form that identifies you.
The information you provide may be transferred to our principals within or outside Singapore for survey, audit and research purposes or any of the purposes described above. By accepting these terms and/or submitting your information, you consent to these transfers.
PPSL will take reasonable measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised or accidental access, use, processing or loss.
PPSL will retain your personal information either for the period of our business relationship or, for the requisite retention periods as stipulated in any contractual arrangements or under any applicable law, or until the purpose for which it was collected has been fulfilled, whichever is the later.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and information about the ways in which your personal data is used or disclosed during the past year. If you wish to exercise this right, please:-
- put your request in writing and indicate whether you would like to have a copy of your personal data or you wish to have information about the ways in which your personal data is used or disclosed during the past year or both;
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence and a recent credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
PPSL will reply to you within five (5) working days upon our receipt of your aforesaid request. Please note that you will be required to pay a fee to access your personal data in the manner stated.
You have the right to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, please:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. your account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or to withdraw your consent for us to collect, use and/or disclose your personal data. If you wish to exercise this right, please:
- put your request in writing by way of an email sent to us;
- provide us with your name, NRIC number, mobile number, email and vehicle registration number to enable us to identify you;
- If your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (e.g. voice call, SMS, MMS, fax, mailers or email), please specify the channel you are withdrawing your consent to.
Please note that we may still contact you or use your information for purposes for which you have not withdrawn your consent.
If you are under 18, please do not provide us with any information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
The Data Protection Officer
Performance Premium Selection Limited
280 Kampong Arang Road,
All content and material contained in this website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations) is owned by PPSL. This website may not be copied, reproduced or modified in any way.
PPSL grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website. You may not download or copy any content or material contained in this website for the benefit of anyone else or create a hyperlink to this website. Any unauthorized use automatically terminates the limited license granted herein.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILTY
The contents of this website are for information purposes only and are provided on an “AS IS” basis and does not constitute any solicitation or offer by PPSL and/or its related companies and affiliates to sell products or services or an invitation to enter into any legally binding contract or arrangement with you.
PPSL and/or its related companies and affiliates make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this website or the information, content, materials or products and services included on this website, and does not warrant that the information in this website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free, or that the products or services described are fit for purpose or of merchantable or satisfactory quality. PPSL and/or its related companies and affiliates further disclaim any and all liabilities in any form whatsoever in respect of anything done or in respect of the consequences of anything done or omitted to be done wholly or partly in reliance upon the contents of this website.
PPSL and/or its related companies and affiliates do not warrant that this website, its servers or emails sent by PPSL and/or its related companies and affiliates are free of viruses or other harmful components, and expressly disclaim any and all liability for any damage of any kind howsoever arising from the use of this website, including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential damages or any economic loss.
This website may provide links to other World Wide Web sites, resources or advertisers which are beyond the control of PPSL. PPSL and/or its related companies and affiliates shall not be deemed to have endorsed and/or be responsible for any third party content that may be accessed through this website.
These terms and conditions are governed and construed according to the laws of the Republic of Singapore. By accessing and continuing to use this website, you agree that the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these terms and conditions of use, and agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
PPSL reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice to you. Your continued access to and use of this website after PPSL changes these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of the same.